HALT Membership is open to all world language teachers and administrators in Hawai’i.
Benefits of membership include:
- Free registration for the annual HALT Fall Symposium
- Discounted registration for the annual HALT Spring Conference
- Inclusion on the HALT listserv (to receive announcements, job listings, and other news)
- Eligibility to vote in HALT board elections
- Eligibility to be nominated or to nominate a colleague for the annual HALT Excellence in Teaching Award
Annual dues are collected for each calendar year (January-December) and are as follows:
- Professional rate – $25
- Student rate – $5
- Lifetime membership – $125
To join HALT or renew your membership, please download or open the HALT Membership Form (form-fillable) in your browser. Click on the first blank to start, and from there press the Tab button to go to the next field. Print out your completed form and mail it with your check when finished.
- Years ago, the HALT Executive Board decided to clarify policy and make the calendar year (January-December) the official term for annual membership. Membership renewal reminders will be sent in the fall for the upcoming year’s membership, where applicable, and members can renew when convenient for them. For example, for 2014 membership (January-December), members can renew early (at the Fall Symposium, a free event for members) or later (at the spring conference in 2014). Alternatively, they can also send their membership renewals via mail in the interim. Either way, it will count for annual membership for the whole of 2014.
- Membership rates, which have not been raised in over a decade, have increased. Effective January 1, 2014, lifetime membership is $125, professional membership is $25/year, and student membership will stay at $5/year. If you plan to be a long-time HALT member, we encourage you to get lifetime membership.